The Procedures Directive: Central Themes, Problem Issues, and Implementation in Selected Member States
Central Themes, Problem Issues,and Implementation in Selected Member States
Pages: 200 pages
Shipping Weight: 550 gram
ISBN (softcover) : 9789058503602
On 1 December 2007, the deadline for the implementation of the Directive 2005/85/EC on Minimum Standards on Procedures in Member States for Granting and Withdrawing Refugee Status expired. The lectures on which this book is based were originally given during a seminar on the Procedures Directive that took place in Nijmegen, at the Centre for Migration Law, Radboud University, on Wednesday 12 December 2007.
In light of the very substantial level of interest, we have decided to publish a book on the results of the seminar so that people who were not able to attend may benefit from the wealth of knowledge and information which was shared. This book offers insight in all the different aspects of the Procedures Directive.
Part One:Central Themes and Problem Issue
s1. The Qualification Directive: An Overview Tineke Strik (Centre for Migration Law, Nijmegen)
2. The Negotiations of Directive 2005/85/EC Maria Michelogiannaki (Deputy Legal Counsellor at the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
3. The Asylum Procedures Directive and UNHCR’s role – from critique to positively influencing its implementation Blanche Tax (UNHCR Brussels)
4. The European Court of Justice, Preliminary References and the Challenge of the Procedures Directive by the European Parliament Karin Zwaan
Part Two:The Implementation of the Directive in Selected Member States
5. The New Asylum Procedure in Belgium and its Compliance with the Asylum Procedures Directive: A Legal Analysis Kris Pollet (Amnesty International Brussels)
6. The Southern Border of Europe: “Right to Asylum between Seas and Fences”. The Spanish Position relating to the Transposition of the Procedures Directive
7. Selected Aspects of Implementation of the Procedures Directive in Poland in the Larger Context of the EU Asylum Policy Adam Bulandra and Katarzyna Przybys Zwawska (the Halina Niec Legal Aid Center)
8. Implementation of the Procedures Directive (2005/85) in the United Kingdom Cathryn Costello (Worcester College, Oxford)
9. Implementation of the Procedures Directive in the Netherlands Marcelle Reneman (Leiden University)10. The Implementation of the Asylum Procedures Directive in Germany Julia Duchrow (Amnesty International Germany)
11. Implementation of the Procedures Directive (2005/85) in Italy Lara Olivetti (Italian Association for Immigration Law Studies)
I Council Directive 2005/85/EC of 1 December 2005 on minimumstandards on procedures in Member States for granting and withdrawingrefugee status, OJ 2005, L 326/13
II Proposal for a Council Directive on minimum standards on proceduresin Member States for granting and withdrawing refugee status, COM(2000) 578 final.